Photography allows you to take the intimate moments of your family’s life and turn them into memories that’ll last you a lifetime. As a professional family photographer in Colorado Springs, I enjoy capturing the special moments that tell the story of your family. Whether you’re expanding your family through adoption or want to capture all the silly expressions of your newborn, it would be my pleasure to freeze these moments in time for you to look back on.
As a mother myself, I understand how important it is to capture all of your baby’s beautiful moments, even before their arrival. Maternity photography is a wonderful way to create special memories for both you and your baby. If you’ve never had a maternity photoshoot, you may be thinking to yourself, “What does a maternity photography session look like?” In order to help you be fully prepared for your maternity photoshoot, I’ve outlined the entire process.
Common Maternity Photography Questions
Scheduling a maternity photoshoot is a wonderful way to capture some of the most beautiful moments of your pregnancy, through the eyes of a professional. Pregnancy is a beautiful time, but it can also be stressful and tiring. The last thing you want is for your maternity photography session to cause you unnecessary stress. To help prepare for your photoshoot and make sure you’re organized, use the questions below as a guide.
- When should I schedule my maternity photoshoot?
- If you’re expecting one baby, the best time to book your maternity photoshoot would be when you’re between 30 and 36 weeks pregnant. This way your tummy will be beautifully showing, but you’ll still be comfortable enough to pose and move around. If you’re pregnant with twins (or more), it’s a good idea to schedule your photoshoot for around 26 to 30 weeks, as multiples usually come much earlier.
- What should I wear?
- You should wear something that makes you feel comfortable, beautiful and empowered. It’s always a good idea to have a few options in case you end up not liking one outfit, or a spill happens. Bring at least one neutral outfit with you. Neutral and solid colors allow your baby bump to be the star of the show, no matter the backdrop.
- I’ve never posed before. How will I know what to do with my body?
- Before having your photos taken, you and your photographer will review a few key basics such as posing and how to interact with anyone else who’s a part of the shoot. Once everyone feels comfortable and ready, it’s time to capture the magic of your pregnancy. After a few minutes, you’ll notice that you feel much more comfortable and the camera almost becomes invisible.
- Can other people be a part of my maternity photoshoot?
- Pregnancy is a wonderful time for the entire family. If you want some photos with your partner, or your kiddos and your belly, a maternity photoshoot is the perfect opportunity to capture stunning images of the entire family during this special time in your lives.
Capture Your Story With Taryn Kimberly Photography
As a professional photographer in Colorado Springs, one of my biggest passions is capturing the moments in life that make you smile. Whether you want photos to announce your engagement or you want a professional photographer to capture the first couple days of your baby being home, I’m here to turn special moments into memories and keepsakes. If you’re pregnant and interested in scheduling a maternity photoshoot, or want to learn more about the photoshoot process, please contact me! Whether this is your first baby or your third, I would be honored to be a part of your pregnancy journey and create memories for you and your little one to look back on.